There are certain events and processes within your app that are essential for the success of your business, such as first-time registration or a payment screen checkout. Now, what if you want to examine these precise user behaviors and trends more closely – and in scale? Maybe you’d like to learn more about the behavior of your high-spending app users in a particular region of the world, or learn who launched your app at least once a week for two years.
The first step to building a query is determining the situation or user profile you’d like to examine. You may add as many dimensions as you’d like in order to create sophisticated, complex queries. Appsee queries can include both AND & OR conditions. Queries can be based on both user and session properties.
Here are some query examples that may help you to create your own:
- Show me users who have had a handful of sessions in my app, and have also experienced a crash and never returned since.
- Show me iOS phone users who visited the Create an Account screen in the last 30 days and experienced a crash.
- Show me users who made their first purchase after clicking on an email promo code, then made another purchase in the following 3 months.
- Show me users who have downloaded my app in the last 3 months, but have not yet created an account.
Once you have determined the query you would like to build, you will need to determine the properties involved. The queries you wish to build will likely require both out-of-the-box properties, as well as custom User Properties.
Out-of-the-box properties are default options already included on your dashboard within the Users query builder. These properties include:
- Time – for instance, users that had a session in the last thirty days
- Platforms – iOS, Android, or both/either
- Device types – phone/tablet
- Devices – iPhone X, iPad Air 2, Xiaomi Mi 4, etc.
- OS versions and app versions
- Session count – first session, 4th session
- Time in app – under 30 seconds, over 60 seconds
- Actions users performed in the app
- Screens users visited in the app
- Crashed sessions or sessions that ended in App Not Responding
Custom User Properties
By adding custom properties to Appsee, you can expand beyond basic queries into searches that incorporate your business’s core interests. Adding custom properties provides additional context and deeper searchability, allowing you to segment your user base by attributes (e.g. spend, membership, gender, etc.). The possibilities for your custom properties are endless, so get creative and create bespoke queries for your team!
Click here for instructions on how to implement your custom User Properties.
How do I create a user query?
- Select the Users icon on the Appsee dashboard menu. Click on “All” or select one of the predefined user groups (new users, loyal users, multi platform users, etc.).
- Start adding as many dimensions as you like to your query. Click on the “+” sign to add another line.
- Click on the “search” button to search for your query.
- You’ll now see a list of users who match your search query, plus a total user count.
Click here to learn more about Defining User Properties
Click here to learn more about Implementing Custom User Properties