The moment the App is opened, a configuration request is sent from the device to our servers.
If our servers do not respond (there’s any 3G/Wifi) – only an AppLaunch event is saved on the device. If our servers respond, the device receives one of the following configurations: 1. Record & Upload on Wifi only 2. Always Record & Upload on Wifi only 3. Always Record & Upload You can set these settings within Appsee under Settings > Video Recording > Record / Upload Policy
Let’s explore the available combinations:
1. The device is on 3G, the setting is #1.
Only an AppLaunch event is recorded and uploaded once the device is on Wifi.
2. The device is on 3G, the setting is #2:
The video will get recorded and stored in a 50MB buffer on the device. This video will get uploaded the next time the App is sent to the background/closed/crashes AND the device is on Wifi.
3. The device is on 3G at the beginning of the Session and finishes the session on Wifi. Settings are #2. The video will get recorded, and uploaded at the end of the session. The Connectivity is set to be 3G.
4. The Device has no connectivity at all. The device won’t receive the configuration, and so only an AppLaunch event is saved.
5. The Device has no connectivity at all, but it regains 3G/Wifi connectivity during the session. The request is sent, and the session is recorded and uploaded as per the settings from the moment connectivity is restored.
Please note that Uploading the video happens when the App is sent to the background/closed/crashes.